While treating your gums your dentist will stitch your gums along with your teeth. These stitches will be removed after 10 days of treatment. After the gum surgery, your gums will be very soft and sensitive. So you have to follow some aftercare precautions after your flap surgery.
- Don’t eat any hot or spicey foods
- Make sure that you don’t brush your treated teeth for about 10 days
- Use periodontal brushes after surgery
- Pain and swelling of gums is common in healing process.
- Do not smoke or take alcohol at least for 3 weeks after surgery.
- Follow the prescription given by your dentist for fast and effective healing.